Tuesday 5 January 2016

Bourjois Health Mix Serum Or Bourjois Health Mix Foundation?! -Which is Better?


So today I wanted to do a comparison post on the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and the Healthy Mix Foundation as I am always getting asked which one do I prefer? Which one is better? etc. 
So I thought what better way to awnser the questions surrounding these two Bourjois products, I'd do a comparison on the two! 

Where to Buy: 
UK - Bourjois healthy mix Serum - www.boots.com
Bourjois healthy mix Foundation - www.boots.com
Anywhere else: Bourjois healthy mix Serum - www.feelunique.com
Bourgeois healthy mix Foundation - www.feelunique.com
Cost: 
So lets start off with the prices, the one on the left which is the Healthy Mix Serum is the most expensive by £1 on the other one - it is £10.99 whereas the one of the right which is the Healthy Mix Foundation retails for £9.99. The only obvious differences on the outside are the packaging, the Serum has a lot more writing on the front and also has a red lid, but the foundation has a red pump and a clear lid, which is probably to help differentiate between the two when buying whichever one you want in your local Boots or Superdrug! It also has a lot less writing and they both clear state 'Healthy Mix Serum' and 'Healthy Mix Foundation' I really love the packaging on both though!

Longevity of the product:
With these two products both tend to last quite well throughout the day considering they are both a dewy but not over the top finish, they both don't slide around my face and last a reasonable amount of time before I need to reapply, this is only usually to cover spots or blemishes which have reappeared on my face. They both last the same amount of time in terms of use, probably from everyday wear they last around a month for me which I think is good but to be honest this depends how good my skin is how much I will need to use etc.

Coverage: 
The coverage of them both is the main difference between them. The Healthy Mix Serum is the one with a light coverage it doesn't cover too many blemishes but little imperfections it does cover, they are both good foundations for covering redness as the colours are quite yellowy toned I think, and yellow helps to counteract redness which I have a lot of so I love them! The Healthy Mix Foundation is the one with a medium coverage but it can be built up as the foundations do not in the slightest look cakey, which is my favourite thing about them both as dry patches and blemishes can make most of my foundations look cakey and not look as flawless as I want but these are both amazing.


Other Questions I have been asked: 

Are they both the same amount of product?
Yes! Believe it or not they are! The Healthy Mix Foundation bottle is a lot heavier and it the bottle actually looks a lot wider, but they are actually the same which I was quite shocked about as they don't look the same but they are both are!

Which one lasts the longest?
I would say they both last quite well and very similarly but as the Serum is a lighter coverage, obviously that will come off quicker than the extra coverage one as the Foundation is more of a medium, build-able coverage. 

Which one do you prefer?
I actually prefer the Healthy Mix Foundation the most as it offers that little bit more extra coverage which for me is important as I usually have quite a few blemishes and under eye bags to cover up so I like the Healthy Mix Foundation more for giving me that extra confidence boost knowing that everything is covered on my face that I want to be covered! 

Overall thoughts: 
If you're looking to buy one of them, I would recommend the Healthy Mix Serum for if you want a lighter natural coverage, this one would be great for you. The Healthy Mix Foundation I would recommend if you want to cover a few more blemishes or imperfections, it is a bit thicker than the other one but they both do not look cakey in the slightest which is the best part about them! The cost of my favourite one is actually the cheapest one so that's a bonus for me but £1 difference really isn't a lot! But to be hones they are super similar the only difference I find when applying them is the serum feels a lot lighter and less thicker than the Healthy Mix Foundation. But if you want to try any of these base it on the coverage you want as they are both practically the same apart from one being a light coverage and one being more of a medium coverage.

Hope this was helpful!
Have you tried any Bourjois Foundations?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. This used to be my all time favourite foundation, I need to give it another go ASAP! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try Bourjois foundation of some kind but I'm a really pale and because they don't do a wide range of colours I generally find them too dark :(

    Sophie | www.astoldby-sophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That sucks, I think all brands need to go a lot paler as I know lots of people have that problem, and I'm sure they need to make a lot of darker shades too, so they can cater for all skin tones! x

      Delete
  3. This was such a great post and this is so informative! x

    kate// http://katerosexo1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post - I did a similar one a while ago comparing the two, and actually preferred the gel serum since it was better for my oily skin. I do think they're both great though. Thanks for your insight!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have a look at it! That's good I think it is based on your skin type and the coverage you want! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a helpful post, I've got the serum but honestly when I bought them I didn't really think much about coverage. I love a light coverage though so it's a good thing I bought the serum!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that makes me happy! that's good, that you've got the one you wanted, they are both great products!

      Delete
  6. I loved this post - have always wanted to try this foundation, and definitely will now as I have a lot of redness! But I'm quite pale so not sure they'll have a colour to match my skin tone... We shall see. Great post though!

    Www.sarahmurgatroyd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, and yes it's very good for that I find myself, hopefully they do as it is a lovely product let me know if you get it and what you think!

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig