Tuesday 10 November 2015

My Favourite Nude Lipsticks


I know for this time of year nude lip colours aren't exactly what everyone's thinking of wearing, it's all about the reds and the berry coloured lip colours that are what most people love to wear in the colder months!

But I am definitely a girl who prefers a very neutral lip too, I love how any of these colours in this post in the picture above, go with any type of eye look, skin tone and just look amazing all year round! I have a red lipstick post coming up soon but I wanted to go through these five lipsticks that a love all the time not just in the autumn/winter months! I feel like these shades can make my dramatic eye looks and face makeup just a bit more toned down and natural and I feel they complement a lot of makeup looks!

So in this picture I have two Mac lipsticks, two drugstore lipsticks and an Avon lipstick so I've tried to keep everyone's budgets in mind with this post and I love them all so much but in different ways so I will take you through each one and tell you why I love them so much!

Left To right - Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy, Avon Lipstick in Cappuccino, L'Oreal Lipstick in Eva's Nude, Maybelline lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe, Mac lipstick in Creme Cup.

Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy - This is a gorgeous classy and sophisticated lipstick which I love for the colder months! It just looks lovely with every makeup look but is a darker but wearable nude colour. When I first tried this I was unsure about it not complementing my skin tone and looking too dark on my lips but I'm glad I took the plunge as I adore it so much!
£15.50

Avon lipstick in Cappuccino - I love how buttery this formula of lipstick is it glides on the lips so well but doesn't feel slippery or comes off too easily, as it's a light colour you don't have to worry about it looking too much, it barely looks like I have anything on my lips when i'm wearing it but it feels nice an moisturising and for this reason this would be a great one for the cold winter months ahead!
£7.50

L'Oreal Lipstick in Eva's Nude - This has got to be my all time favourite drugstore lipstick! The L'Oreal lipsticks in this collection have the nicest packaging, nicest scent and just are amazing quality for the price! I feel like I need to buy a few back ups of this as it's one shade I can always rely to put on my lips and it will look nice but not too over the top it has a nice peachy pink colour and I love the way it looks on my skin tone the colour is so so beautiful too!
£6.99

Maybelline lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe - This is a lovely lipstick a lot lighter than most of these, it sort of has a pearly finish and looks almost shimmery but it doesn't have shimmer in it. It looks super shiny and glossy but it is bordering on concealer-y lips so I wouldn't go for this if you don't want to be washed out but it's worth a shot as I love it and it is a lot different to any of the rest of the lipsticks featured in this post!
£6.99

Mac Lipstick in Creme Cup - This is the second and final lipstick from Mac in this post, and this is creme cup which is a very pink toned nude shade it isn't really a nude colour at all but looks very pink on me so it depends on my mood, I love this one from Spring and Summer especially but I use it every once and a while, I would say Velvet teddy is a lot more wearable for me particularly and it doesn't need to be reapplied as often as creme cup is a cremesheen finish which means it is quite glossy and moisturising, this was also my first Mac Lipstick which one of my best friends actually bought me and will always be one I adore!
£15.50


SHARE:

7 comments

  1. i have been wanting to try creme cup for a while, seen a few people rave about it!
    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC Hue is my go-to nude, but I really want to pick up Velvet Teddy!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check that one out! I love velvet teddy but sometimes I want something a bit lighter that's closer to my natural lip colour xx

      Delete
  3. Velvet teddy is so amazing! It's without a doubt a cult classic! I must admit I have tried Avon products but I haven't ever tried one of their lipsticks! Now I have an excuse to do some online shopping!

    chloedanielle.co.uk

    -xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it just looks so gorgeous! I haven't stopped using it in the past few months, and some of the Avon products I've tried are lovely and some are just as good as these drugstore and high end products! x

      Delete
  4. Love this post!


    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig