Tuesday 15 September 2015

Drugstore Products I loved through Summer 2015


I thought today would be a perfect day to make a blog post all about the products I have been loving throughout Summer which is well and truly over well for having nice weather and wearing summery clothes it is! for me anyway! For the past few days I have been cold everyday! And it keeps raining at the most annoying times! ugh one step closer to winter I suppose!

So I've been loving a primer, foundation, concealer, a contour kit and a mascara, all of which are drugstore so are easy to get hold of for a great, affordable price too. But just because I have been using them a lot this Summer doesn't mean I wont carry on using them, because I certainly will!


So the primer I have been using has been the Body Shop's Instablur which I think really does make my makeup last all the bit longer that I need it too, which has been perfect this Summer as with having combination skin, I have needed this in my oily parts where makeup seems to slip off haha! It has been a godsend to me and I wish I tried it sooner.
Body Shop's Instablur Primer - £14

The foundation and concealer I have been loving are both from Rimmel London, one of my favourite drugstore brands!

The foundation is the Match perfection foundation and I love this one for a good medium coverage I would say with the amount I use anyway it gives me a medium coverage, I love the consistency too which is a weird thing to say but some foundations are too watery but this one is a good in between and offers good coverage for small imperfections and blemishes if you are looking for a foundation like that I would try this one!
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - £7.99

I am loving the wake me up concealer for just concealing dark circles under my eyes, but it doesn't work well on spots for be as it is a brightening concealer and has little shimmers in, and I definitely don't want my blemishes sticking out more!
Rimmel wake me up concealer - £5.49

The Maybelline Lash sensational has been my lash favourite and it makes me lashes appear so much more lengthened and volumised, I tried this after I used a small sample of the Benefit Roller Lash and it's supposed to be a dupe but I think this one is SO much better! It is amazing and it does beat most high end mascara's I have tried and It just makes your eyelashes so much bigger, and I have such short lashes I find it hard to find a mascara which will lengthen and add volume to thicken my lashes, but this one has it all!
Maybelline Lash sensational Mascara - £7.99

Last but not least is the Seventeen contour kit, which I recently featured in my Seventeen Makeup Haul go give that a read if you'd like to see what else I got and also see the inside of the kit! But it is a lovely little contour kit which just has a contour and highlight shade, and I must admit i have only been using it for maybe two weeks or less but I love both the highlight shade and the contour shade, as it can be built up to your desired contour look, it doesn't look too orangey or too brown toned, it just looks lovely, the only thing I would say is that I have the shade medium and I do have to build it up a few times, but for the price I love it and I really enjoy using it.
Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit - £5.99



SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Ah thanks for the review, I definitely want to try the Maybelline mascara, it sounds amazing!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine! It is amazing I do recommend it so much! xx

      Delete
  2. I also love the wake me up concealer for a lighter look!
    tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I do find it does come out very light on me but I love the brightening effect it gives under my eyes x

      Delete
  3. I love the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara too, I still can't get over how amazing it is for a drugstore mascara. Great post!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I really wasn't expecting much when I bought it, but how wrong I was! it's definitely one of my favourite mascara's EVER! xx

      Delete
  4. Love wake me up for under my eyes, it's brilliant! Xx

    Sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the concealer and really want to try the primer! xx

    unicornlashes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, I haven't looked back since trying it! xx

      Delete
  6. I love Instablur - it helps to reduce the appearance of my pores! Still haven't tried Lash Sensational though!! I love the Falsies - how does it compare?
    Anjna Harish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, it's amazing for that! You should try the lash sensational and believe it or not I've never tried the falsies! Do want to give it a go though, but this one is amazing I don't know whether to or not! (:

      Delete
  7. I wanted this Maybelline mascara for quite some time now, but I always forget to buy it haha :)

    http://lanasfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you've tried it I don't think you'll ever forget it after! Best mascara i've tried I love it more than all my high end ones!!

      Delete
  8. The Rimmel wake me up concealer is so good, thank you for the great tips!
    I have used it in my recently make-up session on my blog;)

    Please check it out <3

    https://makeupbyalinamac.wordpress.com/2015/11/11/its-all-about-passion/

    Make-up by Alina Mac x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! and of course I will thanks for telling me x

      Delete
  9. Literally all of these are my favourites apart from the primer which I haven't tried!! Definitely going to pick it up as it sounds like our faces like the same thing! :)

    Jess x
    (www.honestlyombre.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It sounds that way, hope you like it definitely give it a go! x

      Delete
  10. Nice review, I really like that mascara also! :)

    www.dodolce.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried the mascara a few months ago and haven't looked back! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've even bought two more! I don't want to be without it haha! x

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig