Tuesday 4 August 2015

The Balm's Nude Tude Palette - My Thoughts and Opinions

The Balm's Nude Tude palette is becoming a firm favourite of mine recently read more to find out why I'm loving it and why I think it is so perfect for creating all different makeup looks for all different times of the year!

First Look at it! It is so gorgeous and I got it in the Duty free section on my Virgin Atlantic flight on the way back from my holiday in Barbados. It was such a nice way to end my holiday as everyone gets the holiday blues it made the day a little bit more bearable knowing I could test it as soon as I got home and I could use it for special occasions I had coming up at the time. 

It did not disappoint me and I have been using it constantly since, and that was around a month ago I first purchased this palette and I am in LOVE! 
I am loving the fact that the left half of the palette can all be used for day looks and the right side are more night time appropriate shades which I have been loving for making my makeup look nice for evenings out in restaurants, it'll be perfect for my next holiday which I am soon going on to Spain as I can make lots of beautiful smokey looks and not just light girlie pinks/golden which are more subtle but still are gorgeous too. This palette has all the shades I find I am always leaning towards and that complement my skin the most, this is why I was so excited to try it! 

The shadows are good quality but I find using an eye primer makes them last a lot longer and packing on the shadows makes stay a lot better too. Like most palettes there is a bit of fallout but that's what I usually expect with every palette so it doesn't bother me, a bit of concealer and it's absoloutley fine! 

I am especially loving the first top and bottom shades "sassy" and "snobby" as sassy is a white shade which looks amazing packed on top of other shadows to create a focus onto the eye, which also makes your eyes really stand out and is also gorgeous for inner and waterline highlighting if you want to give the appearance of wider eyes a white eye shadow is perfect for this, I love this colour as I had nothing like it in my eye shadow collection and I love experimenting with dark smokey eyes and also subtle neutral eyes but with the white highlighting my inner corner and slightly up towards my crease. I love the yellow shade snobby as like the white shade I hadn't had a colour like this before it looks so nice with a bronzer shade in the crease as orangey toned bronzers and yellow shades I find if you find the right ones they can really look nice together.

 A combination I am really loving in this palette is the shadow "stand offish" all over the lid, then "sultry" in the crease and then "seductive" in the outer v and also on the inner corner to darken up the eyes a bit more. I am loving this combination if you have this palette definitely give it a go to see if you like it too.

I feel like this palette is better value than other palettes like the urban decay palettes for variety of shades, as theres a mixture of dark and light shades, shimmer and matte shades, so there's something for everyone and something to complement everyone's eye colours/shape etc. unlike other palettes which are just pinks or neutral shades. If you want something a bit different this will be great!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I was debating buying this one or the newest urban decay.. I'm gunna go for this one! Looks promising xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely! I think this one is a lot cheaper and I prefer these shades to the smokey ones like in the urban decay one! X

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of this, but it's quite similar to the naked Urban Decay kind of colours and I have some decent dupes from MUA... Might have to try this one when my MUA ones run out though! :D

    x

    www.bewarewildbear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great I do recommend it lots of unique colours in this palette and I find it has more variety than the yeban decay palettes! Xx

      Delete
  3. I think it's a great palette for creating smokey eyes or any kind of dark looks. May I add that I absolutely love the names of eyeshadows haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love TheBalm's packaging. These colours look a bit more out of my usual neutral comfort zone but would imagine that a light wash of any of the colours would look lovely alone? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I find they are a bit different to my usual neutral eye shadows! The lighter colours look lovely on their own I love the pinky shade 'standoffish' and have been using that religiously! I also love the golden colours but I do find they are all so nice on, and great instead of just sticking to neutral shades all the time! xx

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig