Thursday 23 July 2015

My Top Drugstore Foundations

Hello Girlies!
Today I thought as it's now summer, that I would show you my favourite drugstore/highstreet foundations, I will start by saying I have picked three foundations from Boots/Superdrug which are all around £10 or under. (also sorry for the awful foundation stains on the true match lid, they literally wouldn't come off the lid!)

Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation:
Probably my favourite foundation out of all of these. It offers a light to medium coverage, if built up it can be quite a good medium coverage but feels so lightweight on the skin, and doesn't look one bit cakey, even if it is set with a powder on top.
It would be amazing for dry skin as it never clings to any dry patches and looks like you are wearing nothing at all on your skin but blurs any small imperfections, I love this foundation and I have combination skin, so a bit oily but also a bit dry so it would be great on oily skin too if set with a good powder to offer a matte or semi matte finish. It looks lovely and dewy on the skin without a powder and really offers a beautiful glow, it is also great for reducing signs of fatigue, so puffy eyes, dark circles, it covers really nicely but isn't too heavy I wear the colour 52 which is a good match for me. It claims to be 16 hour wear, this is the only bit I don't really agree with, sure it probably would last that long if you were not going out anywhere or not rushing around, but if you have quite a busy lifestyle it is probably going to last you around 7-8 hours. It is definitely getting repurchased again, although I'd love to try the health mix foundation also.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation:
This is also a firm favourite as the shade I have in True Ivory (103) really matches my skin nicely, I would say I have quite yellow toned skin as a lot of foundations are too pink for me. I can usually use colours that are quite yellow toned or neutral, but pink shades are definitely not for me! They also bring out redness on my face a lot more and yellow tones cancel them so this may also be another reason why this is one of my favourites. It has an spf of 18 so will be great for wearing if you don't like to sunbathe with no makeup on, this is light but will protect you, but if you are likely to burn maybe go for a bb cream with high spf instead. I would say this one is a medium coverage, maybe some would say light but I feel it comes out quite thick and does cover the majority of blemishes I need to cover up. It is I would say semi matte finish, on oily skin it might be a lot more dewy and shiny, but this can be helped with a powder to set it in place.

L'Oreal True Match foundation:
I have had such a love/hate relationship with this foundation, it can cling quite a lot to dry patches I have and can look quite unflattering but this was when I used it with a powder. It is so much better without a powder on me personally, as I have combination skin I find some parts of my face are super dry and some aren't at all, so having foundation cling to certain places can stand out a lot! It works so much better for me without a powder, I think because it's dewy when you first apply it, adding a powder can make it look quite cakey on my skin especially, But It can look nice on people with normal skin, I find on me it can sometimes make my skin feel oilier after use, so if you need a bit of moisture this would be good just try it without a powder for the most natural look. I have the colour W3 which I bought when I had a tan, it is super orange on me now and has to be mixed with a different foundation now, but I loved it at the time when I was on holiday so even though I don't get on with it sometimes, I still love using it when I have a tan and my skin is very moisturised and doesn't need to be powdered!

Do you want to buy any of these?! 
Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation - link here
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - link here
L'Oreal True Match foundation - link here

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Healthy Mix is an all time fave of mine!

    Lauren x | www.laurenselwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I've tried so so many foundations from the drugstore and it's by far my fave! xx

      Delete
  2. Love Rimmel match perfection, I've used this for years now but wasn't sure what others to try, may have to try bourjois!

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them both, so good for the price! I think you should too! xx

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to have to try the Healthy Mix one. I used to have Healthy Mix powder and it was lovely!

    x

    www.bewarewildbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the healthy mix by bourjois!
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! It really creates the most gorgeous, dewy glow! X

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig