Thursday 18 June 2015

My Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipsticks and Thoughts



Rimmel Lipsticks are always ones I reach for on a regular basis, there are so many shades, and choices of colours in the Rimmel stands in Boots and Superdrug and these are all shades I have gravitated towards so I thought I would do a blog post about them and maybe tempt a few of you to try them out too!



The first two I have are from the matte range, they are: 101-left and 107-right. 101 is a pretty but subtle light pink which is really wearable and can be layered up or just used to add a subtle pop of colour to your lips. It lasts a very long time because of the matte formulation, so I can always count on this to last me hours throughout the day.
The colour 107, is a deep berry-red colour and many people I know all agree it can look slightly different on some people to others but if you want a nice autumn/winter-y shade which can look a bit out there if layered up then this would be an amazing colour for you. But if not keep reading and have a look at the others I feature in this blog post.


Here I have the normal range of the Kate Moss lipsticks and these feel so glossy and velvety without being sticky or leaving a horrible stain on your lips. The shades I have are: 22-Left  and 14-Right, The first one is a classic red colour in between light and dark red I would say on me this is why I like it, it looks super classy paired with a white or black dress and kitten heels, and you don't need to wear much makeup with it as they lip colour looks like you've made loads of effort-bonus!

The second shade- number 14 is a gorgeous coral-pink shade but glides on the lips so easily, the colour pay off is amazing and I think looks perfect in spring and summer as it can be quite vibrant. It looks stunning with a tan so this is one of my favourites for holiday wear.


Overall:

Longevity of the product: The matte lipsticks last longer throughout the day than the others but I would say they both last very well, and if the colour is nice you won't mind reapplying every 4 hours or so.
Colour choice: In Boots and Superdrug they have many different shades so you're bound to find something that suits you, so they have a good range to choose from unlike some other brands that don't have a variety of reds, pinks, oranges, corals etc.

Pigmentation: The pigmentation is amazing, the red comes up true to colour after just one swatch as they ones in the black packaging are more glossy, but the matte colours also have beautiful pigmentation and look amazing on the lips.

Price: The prices for each lipstick is around £5 which I think is a steal considering some high end lipsticks you could be paying £20 for one lipstick but I have four amazing quality ones for equal the same price.

Would I recommend them?!
I definitely would recommend the lipsticks as a dupe for higher end products like MAC and maybe Estee Lauder, as they all look amazing quality like these high end ones and are also cheaper if you're on a budget then this will help you save money and they are also great if you're just starting out in makeup and want to expand your collection.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Enjoyed reading this! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rimmel is probably my favourite lipstick high street brand & the Kate Moss range is incredible!

    x

    Small&Blonde ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they have such a good range and the other Rimmel lipsticks are gorgeous too! x

      Delete
  3. Rimmel is one of the better drugstore brand lipsticks I've tried! I only have one from the Kate Moss collection, but I really like it.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! Aw I love them, you should definitley think about trying the matte or original ones depending on which one you already have! xx

      Delete
  4. amazing lipstics unfortunately they don't have it in stores where i live :s

    foreverevereveryoung.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a shame! Have you thought about looking on eBay or Amazon maybe? x

      Delete
  5. The range is so amazing, I love them! Definitely my favourite in the drugstore.

    Emelia x

    Infinite-disclosure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are definitely my fave from the drugstore too!! xx

      Delete
  6. I love the shade 16 as it really brightens up your face and it is so creamy too.

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I find it so moisturising I love lipsticks that don't dry my lips it's such a hassle when they dry my lips! X

      Delete
  7. 16 is the first one I ever bought from this range and I haven't looked back since! I now own 12 from her collection!

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! It's such a lovely shade, and that sounds like a dream to me, but I have purchased three from the range more since this blog post! These and the L'Oreal Collection nudes collection are my go to drugstore lip products! xx

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig