Tuesday 26 May 2015

The Steps I Have To Take Before Applying My Makeup


Before applying my makeup it is like a ritual (I think that's the right word, anyway if not i'm sorry) that I follow all these steps beforehand. I will now share with you my four steps to skin prep!

1. Moisturise
It is a very necessary thing for me to moisturise before makeup as my skin is combination, I have quite a few spots all of the time but I also get really dry skin around my nose and bottle of my T-zone, Which can be a pain, but I use a moisturiser for dry skin just because oily-ness can be controlled by powdering but when foundation clings to my dry patches I cannot deal with that. Moisturising is important for all skin types even oily, you just need to find the right one for you.

2. Using a lip scrub
This is vital for me if I am wearing a lipstick that day, especially a matte colour, your lips need to be in good condition before you start applying a lip stick or lip product. I love the Lush lip scrub as I find it helps just that extra bit before applying a lip balm and to make the lipstick I am wearing look smoother and the colour pays off better.

3. Using a Lip Balm
Next I will use a lip balm to prep my lips for my lip colour of choice that day, I love the Carmex lip balms, nothing works quite the same for me as these do. And I feel they work wonders in the winter too if you suffer from dry lips in the winter months. But it is perfect for me to just apply and that's it, it leaves my lips super soft and smooth.

4. Using a Primer
I then use a primer, after leaving my moisturiser to sink into my skin for around 10 minutes. A primer is supposed to increase the longevity and wear of your makeup and this means less touching up your foundation, concealer and anything else you may have used, I love a primer to just smooth and prepare my skin for makeup, I find it makes my skin look a lot nicer aswell as the primer I use reduces your pores, and also helps to keep the makeup lasting all day.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love Benefit Porefessional!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY want to try Porefessional. Heard so much about it! X!
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig