Thursday 21 May 2015

Makeup tools that I can't live without


I wanted to do something different today that I feel like not many people have blogged about, I am going to be showing you makeup tools that are must haves in my collection. 
These are all things I need during makeup application or during my skincare routine, minus makeup brushes as they are by far my favourite makeup tools! 


1. Bourjois sharpener
The first thing I can't live without is the Bourjois pencil sharpener for eyeliners, brow pencils and lip pencils, It is amazing for all these things as a lot of  products in my makeup collection are in pencil form-mostly lip liners and lip crayons! I think this is such a must have item for me because I am always needing to sharpen my eyeliners and lip crayons! There is a smaller side which fits in eyeliners and lip liners and the other is quite chunky and will sharpen my 'Maybelline Colour drama' Lip crayons perfectly.


2. Tweezers
I am always needing tweezers, if I have any stray hairs around the eyebrow area, these really come in handy I usually do this step before my skincare routine but will use them during makeup if I need them then. These were from Jack Wills and I love the pretty floral pattern on them but they really are good tweezers for plucking stray hairs you may come across and want gone quick. I definitely couldn't live without them!

3. A Spooley
Even to just neaten up your eyebrows an old mascara wand can be used to brush through your brows, as long as you have cleaned it and there is no mascara on it! If you fill in your eyebrows lightly going through with a spooley can make them easier for filling in and even if you don't fill your brows in, you can use it for just taming them, to keep them both looking as similar as possible, if you have thick brows like me I think a spooley is really good to give them more shape, Without a doubt I do this step before filling in my eyebrows daily.

4. Eyelash Curlers
Last but not least, Eyelash curlers, this is probably one of the most talked about beauty tools, they are supposed to lift and curl your lashes, but I think most of them are the same so I just have this pair from boots which are good! My eyelashes definitely look bigger when I have curled them before mascara application which is a blessing for me as mine are soo short!
I love using these and even though they look scary, they are so good, and they are a daily used makeup tool for me!

Hope you found this interesting,
What is a beauty tool you can't live without?!
I would love to know in the comments below.




SHARE:

13 comments

  1. A good sharpener is vital. I was using crappy ones & wondered why my pencils kept breaking. Then I used a Chanel one & never had that problem again. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! It frustates me so bad if they don't sharpen well! but I do love this one, and I bet the Chanel one is good! x

      Delete
  2. A good sharpener is vital. I was using crappy ones & wondered why my pencils kept breaking. Then I used a Chanel one & never had that problem again. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tweezers are so pretty!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! they are so good as well which is a bonus x

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely post, I haven't seen this one before so it's a really refreshing idea - necessary makeup tools. Tweezers are definitely very high up on my list along with a good all rounder brush to use for foundation, highlight, buffing and concealer... Thank you for sharing your list. I hope that you have a lovely evening hun.

    Shannon / www.sixthskyline.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely! I agree and you too, thank you for your comment! xx

      Delete
  5. Really enjoyed reading this post <3 i can't live without my eyelash curlers aha I don't use mascara as my eyes water a lot (your probs thinking well get water proof) but it also tends to irritate my eyes too. Its so annoying not wearing mascara but least with eyelash curlers I look like I have it on xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I understand! Mascaras can irritate my eyes too but some don't for me! I know what you mean it's annoying! But on days I don't wear mascara I do use eyelash curlers too they really make a difference and make my eyes look bigger! xx

      Delete
  6. great post! never read a post like that before :)

    http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuticle trimmers are a good one to add too! :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig