Thursday 14 May 2015

Banish the Blemishes!


I never usually write posts about skincare products as I have naturally spot/acne prone skin and I find nothing helps improve the appearance of my skin, but I must say I tried the body shop's tea tree range on a whim to see if it calmed down my skin or made my spots any less irritated than other facial washes did.



These two products I combine in my skin care routine and have done for around a month, and I must say they have definitely helped, I don't think they are a miracle product as nothing I have used on my face has been 100% effective in reducing my blemishes and acne, but I had heard the tea tree range the body shop did was great, so that is why I invested in these two products and I don't regret it at all.

My skin is a lot less irritated and less red and blotchy, I find I always need a high coverage foundation to cover redness from patches of blemishes on my face, but I feel a lot more confident just wearing concealer some days and not the full hog! 


I use the tea tree clearing facial wash, each day or every other day, and then pat my face dry and let the tea tree ingredients sink into my skin, I then leave it for around 30 minutes to an hour and then apply the tea tree clearing lotion to the most angry patches on my face, focusing on the bigger blemishes which I want gone asap! And then leave it overnight and then cleanse my face in the morning or use a clean and clear facial wash. The spots seem to calm down a lot and the lotion helps to reduce the size of my bigger blemishes, and if reapplied regularly they do go down a lot and eventually disappear.

I find these two are really effective and are a holy grail in my skincare routine now. I think they would be amazing for those like myself who have spot-prone skin or those who just get the odd spot or two but can be a pain to treat and get rid of quickly.

I know these would work differently for everyone but I thought I would share as it's always nice discovering new products and I thought would make a nice change from all my makeup/beauty related posts I have been doing recently.

I would love to know if you have any skincare must-haves or if you have tried any of the tea tree range from the body shop I would love to know what everyone else thinks!

Until my next blog post! 
(coming next Tuesday!) 

Hope you found this somewhat interesting!

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Interesting! Glad you like them. I have the tonic from this collection and it can be quite stingy - but it really helps! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I will have to try it if it's a gooden! Love the tea tree range! X

      Delete
  2. These look great! Tea Tree has always been the best way to get rid of spots for me, but I use the Superdrug Tea Tree products...they smell amazing! Might have to pick these up next time I'm in The Body Shop and see if they work any better :) x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to have a look at them! Hadn't heard about them before so I will give them a whirl! Tell me how you get on with them if you do! x x

      Delete
  3. My skin is absolutely awful, if my skins clear it doesn't matter because the acne scars will be sat there still saying hello haha! So glad you've found something that works for you, I tried these for a while but it didn't seem strong enough for my skin. Which I never thought I would say because of how sensitve it is haha! If you're ever in need of a cleanser Ultrabland by Lush is amaaaazing
    Kim x
    And On That Note She Wrote|Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh really? I never thought to try lush skincare products, but will have a look! Mine skin is still not great but they seem to work for my worst spots and help with clearing them, it's a shame they haven't worked the same for you! xx

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig