Tuesday 7 April 2015

My Top Spring/Summer Lipsticks

This post is going to be my most used/reached for lipsticks, which I will be wearing throughout Spring and Summer 2015! I hope this blog post is of some interest to other ladies who are obsessed with lipstick because well I am and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

I have a mixture of Bright, Subtle and how I would describe as 'My lips but Nicer' choices for Spring/ Summer. I love pairing brighter lips with summery outfits which can sometimes need a lipstick to either brighten or keep it simple, I have made my choices around this as I usually pick lipsticks based upon my outfit!


Left to right: Avon Extra Lasting lipstick in Cappuccino, Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in 16, Revlon Colourburst matte balm in Elusive, Rimmel Moisture renew lipstick in 200 Latino.


























1. Avon Extra Lasting lipstick in cappuccino - This lipstick on me is quite a dark nude, which I love!It looks simple and doesn't wash me out,
but looks very sophisticated and neutral on the lips.
2. Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in 16 - This lipstick is very different to the other one as it is definitely not! a nude lipstick! When on the lips I would describe it as a pinky/orange coral which is vibrant but not too much it is also very moisturising, and it looks gorgeous in the summer with or without a tan. I find it is the bright lipstick I reach for when I'm not as confident to wear one, because the colour is just so pretty I always want to wear it it makes me feel confident!
3.Revlon colourburst matte balm in 'Elusive' - This is what I would call a mid toned-pink it looks nice with pretty much any makeup but can be build up to be quite bright i you wanted it, it is matte as the name suggests but I find it is complementary to my skin tone which is light to medium. I would say they are quite drying so if you buy one use a moisturising lip balm before applying this. But I want to definitely try more of the colourburst range!
4. Rimmel Moisture renew lipstick in Latino - This lipstick is quite a lot darker than the last ones, it is a dark pink with a little bit of purple it is really glossy and feels very buttery which I like as it doesn't dry out my lips, the only problem I have is that it's staying power isn't that great on me I think this is because it doesn't dry enough before I am drinking a drink or eating and then it disappears off my lips easily. But otherwise I love this colour!



 Left to Right: Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 101, Avon Extra Lasting lipstick in Vintage Pink, Mac lipstick in Vegas Volt.
5. Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in 101 - This is probably my most worn drugstore lipstick. It is subtle and can look very natural, which is great for a no makeup or natural makeup day. It looks great in spring and summer and it is always in my handbag just in case I want a natural lipstick on the go. It looks gorgeous paired with anything! and suits all skin tones I've seen it on. It is very affordable at around £5 and has lasted me ages considering I have used it for ages, although I have already been through one of these before as it is a drugstore fave of mine! You should think about investing in one too!
6. Avon Extra Lasting lipstick in Vintage Pink - This is very similar to the moisture renew lipstick in the way it feels and keeps your lips moisturised, it does have very good staying power as the name suggests and the colour is a dark purple/pink, but on the lips a bit lighter, it can be built up to become a more intense colour but it looks lovely and effortless with just one coat on the lips. It is lovely as it stays on well and was only around £3.50 like the other Avon lipstick.
7. Mac Lipstick in Vegas Volt - My last lipstick has to be an all time favourite of mine. I always reach for this colour Vegas volt in summer and on holiday it is a bright orange coral and it's amazing! It looks vibrant and summery which always makes me feel good! This looks Absolutely GORGEOUS with anything I wear! All Mac lipsticks retail for £15.50 and this one is so worth it, I Love looking forward to wearing this in the summer as it is that colour you just wish you could wear all year round! I'm not brave enough too though!

Hope this inspired you to venture out and try some more lipsticks this Spring/ Summer!

See you in my next post!
Until then I hope you enjoy reading my most recent ones!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig