Sunday 22 March 2015

A guide to Brush cleaning


With Brush cleaning it is a good idea to wash them every week or two depending on how often you use them. When cleaning the brushes it's best to use anti-bacterial soap/shampoo or hand wash, as this will leave them clean and dirt will clog your pores once using the brushes. I either like to use hand soap or use brush cleanser which i will show in a moment.

It is really simple to do and keeps the bristles in good condition so they will last longer.




It is also best when your brushes are drying to lay them on a flat surface so any water won't get in the bottom of the brush. This can cause a breakdown of the glue and the bristles may fall out! And we don't want that!
My favourite Makeup brushes are real techniques but i'd love to try more so if you have any recommendations please comment them below!

Mac brush cleanser
This cleanser is good, but there are many cheaper alternatives I already use like baby shampoo!

I use this mac brush cleanser if I don't have enough time to thoroughly clean them as it saves time if I need a specific brush. Buy it here






This is what they look like after a deep clean, Good as new! (excuse the 2nd along I use Estee Lauder double wear so it stains the brush A LOT!

Hope this has interested you, or helped in any way!


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I use shampoo to clean my brushes! I really want to do a blogpost about it too since all my friends constantly ask me how i clean my brushes! Such a chore though xo

    meganpedicini.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I would love to read it too! Yeah i know what you mean but it may help or interest others that's what I always think about when I do my blogposts! xo

      Delete
  2. I really like the KIKO brush cleanser! The best results I get with baby shampoo!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will have to hunt that one down. Thank you for the recommendation and I love using shampoo so maybe that'll be good too! Thank you x

      Delete
  3. I washed my brushes with my face cleanser and now all the bristles are falling out, bad idea! I might try the mac brush cleanser, thanks :) x

    http://sleepy-heaven.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! it should definitely help! it's so easy to clean them, it's so much quicker than using brush shampoo too. x

      Delete
  4. I need some brush cleanser the Mac one sounds great I like using the Eco tools brushes they're really good
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm yet to try Eco tools, but the brush sets seem to be good value might try them soon! and I really recommend the brush cleanser it saves so much time as i find brush cleaning a bit tedious and repetitive! x

      Delete
  5. Fantastic brushes!

    http://marinamarry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome post dear, I love the MAC cleanser, it's so easy to use and really does a good clean <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I do love it! I think it's so worth the money!<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really helpful tips! Washing my brushes is something that I suck at so this post will definitely come in handy!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy my blog posts are helpful/useful to other bloggers!x

      Delete
  9. Helpful post! I really want those brushes :)

    Sarah x
    www.palmtreesandheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig