Tuesday 1 March 2016

My Top Three Drugstore Foundations

I am a big, big fan of makeup from cheaper brands usually the more expensive drugstore brands have amazing products and some are even better than high end ones in my opinion. That's why I thought I would share my top three drugstore foundations today! 
You can browse them here! 
Rimmel Match Perfection - here
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - here
Rimmel Lasting Finish - here

So my first favourite in the photo, is the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation and this has been probably my longest favourite drugstore foundation and I have probably repurchased it 6-7 times maybe! I think it has amazing coverage and my shade 'True Ivory' is such a perfect match for me in winter and also towards the start of summer. It is a lovely coverage, it doesn't feel too thick and offers  good coverage for spots, I usually do use a bit of concealer over the top of them though if I am experiencing a breakout! I would probably say it is medium coverage, it does exactly what I want it to do, and I love this new 'pore blurring effect' it supposedly has, I just love this foundation and I don't know if it makes me pores look smaller but the foundation makes me look 100% better and more confident than I feel without it on! 

The second I have to talk about is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, I love the smell of this foundation so much and when I'm not wearing it I sort of miss the scent when it's applied! weird I know! It is probably a light to medium coverage, compared to the next one I will be talking about, it is thicker than the serum foundation from their 'healthy mix' range but I prefer it to the serum because I need more coverage than the serum gives me. I only have one small complaint with this and it's that sometimes I look too yellow, I don't know if it's just in certain lighting but I usually have trouble with foundations being too orangey but this is quite yellow on me and I am sure I have yellow toned to neutral skin tone, but to be honest I could be wrong, one thing is for sure, I'm certainly not pink toned and if I was I think this would look not so great on my complexion but for now I can get away with it!

Last but definitely not least is my Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, and this is one of my new holy grail, can't live without products I think I just need to stock up on bottles and bottles, because this is full coverage and it just makes my skin look flawless. I start off with a small amount at a time as this is the best way for the foundation not to go cakey, and it covers all the blemishes on my face apart from quite a big one I've had recently but that is a problem I just can't do much about haha! This is amazing a full coverage foundation that lasts ALL day! And also is a great shade match for my skin tone and it is just under £8 it is incredible if you want a flawless finish this one definitely gives me it!

These are all amazing products which I adore and I think they would all be great for different people, the Rimmel Match Perfection is a great one if your starting out with makeup or don't need to have that much of a heavy coverage. The Bourgeois would be amazing for yellow toned skin and the Lasting Finish is amazing if you have blemishes you may want to cover or just want a full coverage foundation. They are all my favourites!

Have you tried any of these foundations, and What is your favourite drugstore foundation?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Does the lasting finish have a similar finish to match perfection? I've tried out match perfection and it feels a little sticky after a few hours, definitely doesn't feel comfy on my skin all day! But I wanted to know if the other one has a different finish to it?

    Cally xx
    xcallyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Match perfection and Lasting Finish is my faves too!

    http://beristenbul.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Match perfection foundation, it is my favourite drugstore foundation and one of the only ones to suit my pale skin. Great post I need to check out the Lasting Finish Foundation :)x

    http://my-world-heather.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to try the match perfection!!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCesQ4yMUM8LlDM0HLv3bo4g

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm recently using the lasting finnish and its great! But I want to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation I heard great things about it! By the way I'm now following you hope you follow me back
    xx
    Pauli
    http://liketowearit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used the Bourgois Healthy Mis Foundation last summer and I really enjoyed using it. It is not my favourite foundation, but I would still use it if I had too.
    Alicia :)
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually not tried any of these! They are all so affordable so great to hear they cover blemishes so well! I'm definitely going to go a swatch a few foundations when I'm next at Boots!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig