Tuesday 23 February 2016

My Favourite Affordable Drugstore Contour Palettes


I have tried my fair share of contouring and bronzing kits, either the more expensive ones or the very affordable and perfect for when you're on a budget ones! And there are so many amazing contour kits/palettes everywhere at the moment so I thought this may be helpful for those who are on the hunt for a drugstore contour kit that would be perfect for them!

Left to Right:
 Revolution Ultra Contour Palette - browse it here
Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour kit - browse it here
Revolution Contour kit - browse it here
Sleek Face Contour kit-browse it here


I love the Revolution palette which is to the top left of these photos I've taken, it has such a great array of shades perfect for creating that chiseled cheekbone, I find the highlighters are super great considering I wasn't expecting much I am very impressed, I love the white coloured one for everyday wear! I usually use the second shade in from the bottom row, which is seriously my perfect contour shade, it's not too taupe coloured and is not orange at all and I find most bronzing colours can literally make me look stupid because my skin is naturally quite fair and orange contour shades do not suit me on bit!

The Seventeen one is perfect for holidays I think I think my shade as I have medium, is a bit too orangey for me but if applied super lightly I can just about get away with it, I am going to get so much wear out of this in summer as It's more orangey toned and will flatter my summer tan a lot better than it does now! But for the price it's super affordable, and ticks all the boxes, considering it comes with a highlighter which is great although it is no comparison to most of my high end highlighters but I can deal with that! This is amazing value.

Next Up is my Revolution Sculpting Contour kit, or at least I've told myself that's what it is called! It comes with a contour shade, a highlighter and a pretty pink/coral blush, it is so compact and the products are quite good for a cheaper drugstore brand, Makeup Revolution give brands like Seventeen, Miss Sporty a run for there money as the products are of similar prices and just work well. The bronzing shade isn't the best match for my skin tone but when I have fake tan on it's the perfect colour and for bronzing up my neck and face to match the rest of my body it works so well. The blush is a lovely sweet coral/pink colour which is really flattering on lots of skin tones. I have used the highlighter twice and also think it's good, so this palette is so affordable at only £3.50 yes it's unbelievable how much you can get for your money from Makeup revolution!

Lastly I am going to mention my Sleek Contour Kit mine is in fair, it is a lovely small little face duo perfect for adding colour into your skin with the bronzing shade and the gorgeous little highlighter shade, this is one of the best contour kits I've tried from Superdrug, which is a drugstore shop or those who may be unfamiliar with UK drugstore shops! the contour shade doesn't come out too dark for my skin and blend so easily compared to most of these other shades of bronzing/contour shades. It's a perfect little contour kit!


Here are all the Contour Kits/Palettes I have mentioned, and the contents of them all. 

What are your favourite contour/bronzing palettes?! 
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love the Sleek Palette and I would love to try the Revolution one but we don't have this brand in Germany :(
    I like your post!

    Xx Sarah www.wonderlandblog.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame! They are amazing quality but I adore the Sleek one x

      Delete
  2. It annoys me how there's practically zero cool toned contour shades, they always have orangey shades. yikes!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! it really does suck! My contour always looks so much nicer and natural with a cool toned contour shade! I don't want to look orange haha xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Makeup revolution ultra contour palette! But my all time favourite drugstore one is the Collection contour kit, the contour shade is just perfect! xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I definitely need to try that one as it's so affordable I just need too, thank you for your recommendation lovely! xx

      Delete
  4. That seals the deal on the revolution contour palette been waiting to hear an in depth review and yours is fab!!

    www.nailpixi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently bought the revolution contour kit and love it, but I want to try the ultra one! Great post!

    Hannah X
    Http://www.missnicklin.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! Now is all about contouring!! Thank for share this products with us! :D

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCesQ4yMUM8LlDM0HLv3bo4g

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the revolution makeup they're are good quality and such affordable prices xx

    http://www.dotdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been wanting to try out a budget contour kit for a while now so definitely going to give one of these a go, thnks for sharing! xx

    ninety-1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig