Tuesday 9 February 2016

Makeup brush cleaning and My Essentials


I wanted to do a post a bit different today it's still beauty/makeup related but I just thought it would be something a bit different to a makeup review or what I'm loving at the moment, and that is makeup brush cleaning! 
Now I personally hate cleaning my makeup brushes as it's such a tedious chore, but definitely HAS to be done! 
Now I don't use anything fancy really, I had started using baby shampoo for my brushes ever since I actually started washing my makeup brushes which was quite a few years ago and I definitely recommend it, as it gets rid of the dirt and I find gets stains out of my brushes the best! 
Baby shampoo is great as it is cheap and can be bought from drugstore shops and in super markets, so it's perfect for picking up from just about anywhere!
You can buy the Johnson's Baby Shampoo here

I have also started regularly using this silicone brush cleaning mitt (well I say mitt but it is tiny!) It has a slot on the bottom which you can use like a mitt which you can hold with two fingers on one hand and then with the other hand you can swirling the brush in water and then using your soap or in my case baby shampoo then cleaning the brush with the mitt. and repeat this process until they are clean! It is super quick (a lot quicker than I made it sound haha) 

The only down side to this little mitt/brush cleaner is how small it is! I did get it from amazon for under £2 so it's great for eye brushes and small face brushes, but for bigger brushes it's not worth using! It works on all my brushes I would say except my Real Techniques powder brush and to be honest it definitely would but just will take a lot longer than the others! 

I definitely want to try another bigger silicone brush cleaner/mitt because I love this method and it makes the process a lot easier and quicker! I know Soap and Glory do one and also 


Products Mentioned:
Johnson's Baby Shampoo - here
Amazon Silicone Makeup Cleaning Mitt - here
Real Techniques Brushes - here
Soap and Glory Face Mitt - here

What are your makeup brush cleaning essentials?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I never clean my brushes, it's such a shame... I have to start doing it!! Great post!

    http://mysteryandfashiongirl.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes them as good as new and so much easier to apply makeup!

      Delete
  2. I need the cleaning mitt! I just use my hand and always find I need to wash the brushes at least twice xx
    http://www.justsaygem.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love the mitt definitely recommend it! xx

      Delete
  3. great post :)
    http://serenesparkle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like The Brush Egg for cleaning my eye makeup brushes, but I agree, it doesn't work well for face brushes. Great post!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's super good it's a shame it's not a little bigger as I have lots of face brushes that need cleaning too haha! xx

      Delete
  5. I'm awful at cleaning my makeup brushes, definitely need to do it more! I've never thought of using baby shampoo before, I normally just use soap haha. Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I always forget but I usually spot clean the ones I use the most regularly! I definitely will thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love Baby Shampoo! It smells amazing, it's super cheap and it really cleans!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good value and cleans them better than anything else for me! xx

      Delete
  7. I've always used baby shampoo! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also use Johnson's Baby Shampoo!

    hannahsnotebook.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, so much helpful blog for cleaning makeup brushes. Thanks for sharing!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig