Thursday 15 October 2015

Seventeen liquid highlighters | Mini Review


Today I'm bringing you all the two products I have been loving from a glowing complexion. These two highlighters are both from Seventeen, which can be bought from Boots or Superdrug or the Seventeen website. They are such great value for money and I recently featured them in a blog post makeup haul with lots of other Seventeen makeup products which you can check out here

I have especially been loving these two highlighters as I am loving a dewy base for under my foundation as my skin is looking a lot drier in the recent cold whether! I also like to use it as just a highlight for just above my cheekbones, or mixed with foundation to make me look more luminous!  

The Tan Glow Liquid I have used the least at the moment, but I can't wait to use it next Summer to add a nice glow to my skin, as I think if I used it now I would look a bit too shimmery especially as it's getting so cold I think I will get a lot of wear out of it next Summer! I have used it two or three times when the weather has been nicer and have loved it then so I can't wait to use it more in the warmer months, this one can also be used three ways but it wouldn't look as subtle as the one on the right. I'm sure it'll give a beautiful bronzed glow, perfect for next Summer!

The Skin Wow Highlighter, is more white, and gives you more of an awake highlight and makes me look a lot more alive! And now as it's winter weather or coming up to it my skin gets super dry and this brings back some life into it. I have used it all three ways, as a primer under my foundation, I really love the way it looks subtle but instantly makes me look more awake and full of life. I have used it mixed with foundation and I think you have to use a little more of this than your foundation if you want to look nice and dewy, but it looks lovely like this too, not too over the top but gives the appearance of beautiful and radiant skin. I have also used it as a highlight on the highest points of my face, so above my cheekbones, on my forehead, chin, and just above my lip (or cupid's bow) whatever you want it to be called haha!

I would probably give them an 8.5 out of 10. They are amazing, lovely consistencies to blend easily, they aren't too expensive, the packaging looks really nice with them much like all the other Seventeen products!

I really enjoy using these highlighters and for a good value drugstore highlighter they are definitely worth the money and would look beautiful on pretty much any skin tone or colour. They can be quite subtle, or built up to be quite out there so if you like the sound of them I would recommend them to anyone wanting to try a drugstore highlighter. 

Do you have a favourite highlighter? 
Whether it's Drugstore or High End I would love to know! 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. loved this post, really good job! xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! what do you use to apply them? I have the lighter one but I'm always afraid I'm going to make a mess so it's pretty much lying around unused! xxx
    www.prettyalienme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use my fingers to pat it on my face, then use a makeup brush just to blend it in, I think it's quite hard to use at first as a lot came out for me but you should try it again maybe just dab a little at a time xx

      Delete
  3. Everyone's been loving these two items at the minute and I feel that I'm really missing out by not having them in my collection!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are proving very popular, if you were to get one I definitely reccomend the 3 in 1 highlighter, it's great and can be used as a multipurpose item so that's also a reason why I love it! x

      Delete
  4. I've never seen this product before, so kudos for the original post! I've never tried a liquid highlighter before. I love Revolution and MUA powdered highlighters because they are so cheap yet so pigmented xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so kind of you, I have tried the Makeup revolution ones in the blush palettes and love them, but I need to try the MUA ones as they are so cheap, and look lovely so there's no reason why I shouldn't! Xx

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig