Tuesday 25 August 2015

For Radiant, Glowing Skin

As a girl who loves the look of dewy glowing skin, I have accumulated quite a few products for highlighting the skin. I love quite a few ranging from drugstore to high end and liquid to powder highlighters. But I am going to be taking you through my favourites and why I love them so grab a tea or coffee and if you want a natural highlight or a highlight to create that 'Strobing' look every beauty guru is going on about then keep reading!

So I find that a liquid highlighter sits best on my skin and looks more natural, it doesn't tend to cake up easily like a powder highlighter usually does on me. It is easy to apply, you just apply it to the areas you want to highlight and make stand out on your face and then blend with a makeup bush or your fingers. I think highlighting makes your features stand out a lot more and brings light to that area, I think it can be used on a day to day basis if you'd like too, some people just use it on special occasions but if your obsessed with makeup and beauty items you may want to just it whenever the hell you want haha! So make sure you wear makeup for you and not any other reasons! If you don't like to wear much makeup or are new to highlighting you can always try a highlighter maybe from the drugstore, so you don't waste money if you don't like it! I recommend the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch as it's supposedly just like the YSL touche eclat, which I will talk about later! or you could also try the Bourjois Bronzer and highlighter Duo as I've heard nothing but good things about this duo!



So these gorgeous highlighters in this picture are the Benefit High Beam and the YSL Touche Eclat, and they are my definite favourites, I have yet to find anything else that I love more than these for highlighting but not making me look too shiny and too in your face! I love the YSL Touche eclat is perfect for every day use for me and then the high beam is more for whenever I want something a little bit more. It looks gorgeous with a highlighter powder on top too to set it so if your looking for an even more sharp highlighted/contoured face setting liquid highlighter with a powder highlighter may just be what your looking for! They both add a gorgeous sheen to my cheeks but I would say the Touche eclat will be great for a more natural glow and the high beam for a more brighter highlight that will be noticed more!

Which one do I prefer?!
That is a hard question, I would say there are a few similarities and differences, I would say one is more natural and one is more bold meaning I don't know which one is my favourite because it would depend on when I'm using it and for what occasion.

Which one is cheaper?
So the YSL touche eclat retails for £25, which I must admit is a lot of money, but if you want that radiant glow it's definitely worth a try! The Benefit High Beam retails for £19.50, which is nearly a whole £6 less, which is a lot to be honest to save between the two! Considering they do a similar thing!

What do you apply them with?
I apply the Touche Eclat from the stick and press on the cap at the bottom to release the product, I only use this under my eyes and on my cheeks, I then get a foundation brush/stippling brush and blend it in, I then go over with my fingers to make sure it is properly blended together in my skin.
I apply the high beam to the high points of my cheeks, sometimes the middle of my forehead and cupids bow(just above the lip) and then I use a different stippling brush just to press the highlighter into my skin and make sure it is properly buffed into my foundation and doesn't look too 'Woah' in your face! Then I will finish the rest of my makeup and sometimes set one of these liquid highlighters with other powder highlighters I have to make me look that extra bit glowy!

Hope you have enjoyed seeing my favourite duo for Radiant and Glowing Skin!

What are your essential highlighting products?!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I have not tried the YSL touche elcat, it looks stunning though! I love the benefit high beam its really great and not a bad price :)
    http://amanda-speroni.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'm a sucker for gold packaging too haha, and definitely it's one of my faves I can't live without! x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the benefit product! looks great!
    Tasha Rose Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super lovely! You wouldn't regret buying it!x

      Delete
  3. I do love the High Beam! Its brilliant on top of the cheekbones to create that radiant skin

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I find it's amazing! For dull skin it's a miracle worker haha! x

      Delete
  4. I do love both of these, and luckily they are quite different so there is room for both on my face, I hope!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! haha you're definitely a girl of my own heart! that is one thing I have tried, it's feels like magic when I use them both! xxx

      Delete
  5. I still need to try High Beam from my BirchBox samples, sounds great product though. Will have a go tomorrow x

    Stacey 🎀 unicornmummy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! It's amazing you will love it. X

      Delete
  6. I love love LOVE highlighting! I use the Rimmel liquid highlighter underneath my foundation for a subtle glow, but usually go over it with a powder highlight! Would love to try these though as they sound fantastic xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely should try that I love the look of glowy foundation! and they are amazing in my opinion! xx

      Delete
  7. I have high beam and it's great, but I tend to use Topshop Glow more often because it's easy to apply and looks really subtle :)

    Alice // the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh really, I haven't tried much Topshop makeup! I will have a look out for that highlighter because I want to try a cheaper alternative to these as they're both quite pricey! x

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig