Tuesday 1 September 2015

Makeup Of The Day #1

Makeup is something I love to change up on a regular basis, I like to use a mixture of products and try not to stick to the same things all the time. So today I thought I would try some products in my collection that have been pushed to the back of the drawers for a few months. So without further ado these are all the products I used in today's MOTD-(makeup of the day!)

BASE:
Benefit Porefessional primer - This primer is just amazing, I've tried so many cheaper alternatives that claim to be as good as this but they don't seem to compare in my opinion, this one makes makeup apply so much smoother on the dry parts of my skin, which sometimes look worse when makeup is put on them but not this! I have loved it for ages and it's still going strong!


MaxFactor Facefinity Foundation - This is the foundation I chose to use today. I offers a great coverage can be very full coverage if you want it to be, it lasts ages and you don't have to use much because the consistency is thick and a little goes a long way. I love this foundation! It's a great drugstore alternative for many high end foundations for about a third of the price!

Rimmel Wake Me up Concealer - Then we go on to this little miracle worker! I love this concealer for my under eyes as I barely ever get much sleep and I'm always tired! It helps make me look more awake and ready to take on the day!

Benefit Hoola Bronzer - I then lightly dusted the Hoola bronzer around my cheeks in a three shape as this is supposed to look most natural and this was the look I was going for. So I just lightly dusted it around my face and it added a lovely subtle glow to my face.

EYES:
MAC Warm Neutrals Palette - I love this little palette for creating so many makeup looks it has everything I need and I love every single colour. Firstly I used the colour amber lights (middle shade on second row) all over my lid which is a very shimmery shade which I probably use too much ooops! at least everyone will know what my favourite is... The colour I used for my crease was then the colour Saddle which is also one of my favourites, It is like a bronzer shade similar to Hoola actually and I am totally obsessed with these coppery colours at the moment!

Maybelline Great Lash - I then used a coat of the Maybelline Great lash mascara, which I actually couldn't find when taking this photo this morning so sorry for that, but it is just a small mascara by Maybelline in a pink and green tube, for only around £5 it's pretty small and mighty and never fails to grab every lash unlike some mascaras where I just poke myself in the eye when trying to!

LIPS:
Maybelline Colour Sensational in Tantalizing Taupe - Today I chose this lipstick. Which I love when I'm going for a natural look, it doesn't really look like your wearing anything on your lips but is nice and moisturising which is perfect for when the weather is getting a bit colder.

Barry M Lipgloss in Toffee - I then lightly put a small amount of this lip gloss on top of the Maybelline lipstick just because I fancied a bit of a change and a bit of lip gloss today and I thought it would tie everything together nicely.

So that was my makeup of the day! Hope you enjoyed I would love to do more of these in the near future!

What is your favourite makeup item you keep going back too?! 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Lovely makeup, I really need to try out a product from Benefit, the bronzers look amazing!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of the Benefit products I used in this post, I think are amazing definitely worth trying as I love them and use them a lot! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the wake me up concealer! A favourite of mine xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Porefessional as well! You're right, no other dupes for this live up to how good it is. I actually apply it to areas of my face where my pores look quite big after applying my foundation and concealer, it works really well that way too!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will have to try that too! haven't tried it over foundation before! Thank you for letting me know. X

      Delete
  4. Do you have any pictures of the eye look?I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't sadly but I would love to next time hopefully when I've bought a better camera! x

      Delete
  5. Great Lashes by Maybelline is one of my favourite mascaras! An oldie but a goodie :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love that MAC palette too & am giving one away on my blog! I like the sound of that foundation xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that lipstick! Think I need to purchase it myself! Im obsessed with Benefit myself! :)

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both amazing!!! I think you should give it a whirl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the cool toned version of the Mac palette and I really like it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the look of that one but one Mac palette was pricey enough for me haha! I think the cool toned one looks amazing for winter eye makeup looks though! x

      Delete

© Jessica Victoria. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig